Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Scrub

Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Scrub  - Initial Thoughts
I got a deluxe sized sample of this in my BellaBox and tried it immediately this afternoon because I’ve been fairly lazy lately (I say lazy and not busy because in actual fact, even though I’ve had a tonne of stuff to get done these past few days, I’ve still been stuck in my post-semester-break holiday mode) and hadn’t done my weekly clay mask yesterday. 
The Deep Clean Scrub has a similar appearance and consistency to theNeutrogena Blackhead Eliminating Scrub, but smells gross. I know fragrance shouldn’t be such a huge deal, but this particular scrub smells of chemical nastiness. 
I obviously can’t make any comments on its long term benefits considering I’ve only tried it once, but the reason I wanted to hop on here and comment on it straight away was because not long after using the product, I started noticing the skin around the top of my forehead becoming a little itchy, and the area around my nose also getting dry and itchy. The last time this happened, it was with the Clinique cleanser for combination/oily skin and when I persisted with the product because I’d pretty much never had a bad reaction to any form of skin care product before, I ended up with itchy, flaky, red skin around my nose and mouth. 
I’m obviously going to give the scrub a proper chance before I make any conclusions, but I’m definitely not going to be using this more than twice a week. I don’t have sensitive skin by a long shot so anything that’s harsh on my skin will probably kill properly sensitive skin. In any case, keep your eyes out for my final review!

[EDIT]: I just tried the scrub a 2nd time today (so around about 2 weeks after I first used it) and still developed the same dryness as well, especially around the corners of my mouth. It wasn't as bad as last time, but I think I'll be staying away from this scrub from now on :(

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author