Covergirl NatureLuxe Mousse Mascara


Covergirl NatureLuxe Mousse Mascara
I was so excited to try this mascara (and it had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Taylor Swift was the poster girl for this particular range…) because I’d watched a review comparing it to Benefit’s They’re Real! Mascara, which has developed something like a cult following this year. 
I guess part of my eagerness to try this out was because the current mascara I’d been using at the time (Rimmel’s Max Bold Curve Mascara, if you’re interested,) had been given me inconsistent results (nice lashes on Mondays and Tuesdays, and clumps every other day. Just kidding.)
Unfortunately, this particular Covergirl mascara really doesn’t do it for me - again, I get very inconsistent results with it. The first thing you’ll probably notice is that the formula is very wet, which goes on like a nightmare for my lashes at the worst of times. I don’t have many lashes to begin with, and if I’m not careful with my application, I end up looking like I have six spider legs for eyelashes. On days where I have the patience and time to work with the mascara a little more, I do end up with some really nice, natural looking lashes, but those days have been few and far between.
The only reason I haven’t chucked it out and ripped into the Almay One Coat Mascara that I got in my July BellaBox yet is because since I’ve been using it with my new Shiseido Eyelash Curler, I’ve been getting better results on a more daily basis BUT in my humble opinion, a good mascara can hold its own without the help of a stellar eyelash curler. 
In short - definitely not the best mascara I’ve used, but also not the worst. Wet formula is a little hard to work with and gives some natural darkening and lengthening of lashes but not much volume. Might work better on someone with fuller lashes.
Covergirl NatureLuxe Mousse Mascara is available in both normal and waterproof forumulations from Priceline, Target and selected pharmaciesand retails for about $20 AUD depending on where you get it from. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author