Maybelline Color Sensational High Shine Lip Gloss


Colour: 090 Electric Shock

The last time I got this excited about a lip product, it was probably when I tried the Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss. I'm not normally a fan of brights (only because I'm not brave enough to wear them!) but this colour is so beautiful, I might have to break a few rules and wear it more often!

The application was perfect - it glides on beautifully, which is actually quite a rarity for my lips. I have super dry lips that don't want to look nice no matter how much water I drink or how much moisturiser I put on them (this may or may not have anything to do with the fact that I'm a huge chatterbox!) This is one of the only lip products I have in my arsenal that doesn't stick to the dry flakes and sink into the cracks on my lips. The consistency was fantastic - I got a really nice, even colour and colour payoff was also great as well.

Wear time was surprisingly good for a lip gloss - I'm used to having lip glosses that disappear after a couple of sips of water, but this stayed on long after I had my morning drinks and lunch. Once the glossiness has worn off, the product actually leaves a sort of stain on your lips that lasts for much longer than your average gloss. I did find that towards the end of the day, some of the colour on the inner parts of my lip started to fade, leaving me with an ombre-ish look but it was hardly noticeable and easily fixed with a re-application.

I have this gloss in 090 Electric Shock, which is a bright, hot pink colour with blue undertones. It is very similar to the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Sweetheart (which I'll be reviewing soon) but it has more pink and less blue.

[EDIT] I forgot to mention that I do apply this over a lip balm - when I normally do this, I end up with less colour intensity and once my lips start getting dry again, things start to get a little complicated. With this particular gloss, there was no change in colour intensity and it provided adequate moisture for my lips throughout the day without the need to reapply lip balm. Win!

The Lowdown: A bright, girly hot pink with a fantastic formula that glides on easily for an even application and the best part - it holds its own through mealtimes.

Maybelline Colour Sensational Lip Glosses are available from Priceline, BigW, Kmart, Target and selected pharmacies and supermarkets and retails for $15.95 AUD.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author