Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream for Oily/Combination Skin


I actually didn't know this product existed until about a month ago, when I was out shopping with a friend. I know that the original Garnier BB cream was hugely popular in Australia but I never tried it because I couldn't get a good colour match and it had a lower SPF than my normal tinted moisturiser.

BUT, when I saw what this new addition promised - namely, good oil control for girls like me who produce enough oil to supply a factory - I got excited and bought it on a whim. I tried it about a week ago when I wasn't going out because I knew the colour match wasn't perfect and I thought, hey, if I'm going to look like the ghost of christmas past (too light!), I might as well do it while I'm just at home studying! Turns out, that was an EXCEPTIONALLY good idea!

I think this product will be a dream come true for some of you - it provides foundation-like coverage (all my pores vanished, like magic!) but removes easily with my normal cleansing routine (which is a relief, considering on the few occasions I do wear foundation, it takes more than a little elbow grease to get the bugger off,) and - as promised - it provides decent oil control, especially given that I didn't use my normal setting powder over the top.

For me, though, I'd probably save this cream for events when I could use the extra coverage, but I probably won't be using it on a daily basis just because I still prefer the sheer effect I get from my tinted moisturiser and also because the product did turn out to be a few shades too light for me.

If you are looking for a BB cream with the coverage of foundation but the benefits of a moisturiser and sunscreen all in one, I'd definitely recommend this for you. Just do be aware that it contains a fair amount of alcohol in the formula and that if, like me, you have dry spots on your face, the cream tends to emphasise them a little bit.

The Lowdown: Good for girls who want a skin-loving, inexpensive replacement for their normal foundation. Consistency is a little on the runny side though, so I'd recommend applying this using a brush rather than fingers for the best results.

I purchased this for $10.99 AUD from Priceline, but I think it was on promotion at the time. You can also purchase Garnier products from Woolworths, Target, and selected pharmacies as well.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author