Almay Eye Makeup Remover Pads




 
Alright, so I know I promised to upload this a few weeks back, and never got around to it - I thought that I could sneak a few blog posts in between studying for my final exams, but I severely underestimated how much work this semester was going to be (my 6th set of Uni exams and I still haven't learnt anything!)
 
I actually came across this product whilst reading Zoe Foster's 'Amazing Face' (which, on a side note, is a really fun read and is full of useful beauty tips!) and thought I'd give it a try because it sounded like the answers to all my eye makeup removal prayers - gentle, easy to use, and strong enough to take away all my makeup with a single swipe.
 
Again, you would think I know better by now than to expect miracle products and unfortunately, I was once again disappointed with the results. In terms of actually removing my eye makup, it does a decent job and one removal pad is generally enough for me to take off everything on both eyes. However - it's absolutely saturated in oils. I took a liking to oil-containing eye makeup removers a while back because unlike the oil-free formulas, they take one look at my waterproof eye mascara, scoff, and then remove it with a few easy swipes. I've never, however, come across anything like the Almay remover pads. They are so saturated in oils that a couple of dabs or swipes on your eye and you'll be left trying to blink out the residue for the next few hours. It's gotten to the point that I'll need a separte clean cotton ball to clean up the oil on my eyelids every few swipes or so, otherwise I'd be drowning in it!
 
Almay does have Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover Pads, and I'm not sure if you'd get the same problems with that one, but I have a feeling that sacrificing the oil in the formula will equal sacrificing makeup removal power, so I think I'll just stick to the makeup remover I was happily using before buying the Almay one. I think this is just one of those products that is great in theory, but unfortunately disappointing in reality.
 
The Lowdown: I'm going to be honest - unless you want blurry vision and irritated eyes every time you remove your eyemakeup, don't. Just don't.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author