Revlon Photoready BB Cream Skin Perfector SPF 30



I bought this a few months back on a whim, when it first came out in Australia and was still selling at the introductory price. There isn't a huge colour selection (only 3,) which is pretty much the norm for tinted moisturisers/BB creams/CC creams, so I was a bit scared that this colour would turn out too light for me. The swatch came out a little thick as well so my cakiness radar was on high alert.

I've since been completely blown away with this product! It applies like a dream, is very smooth and blendable, keeps my skin hydrated, and provides good coverage whilst still looking natural. I'd say the coverage is medium with a slightly dewy finish. I have super oily skin and I found that the product wore beautifully throughout the day, letting my natural oils come through without looking shiny. Because of the nature of my skin, I've found that some of the other tinted moisturises/BB creams I've used don't hold up well with my concealer so that by the end of the day, my concealer has either worn off or it's sort of separated from the product underneath so you can see exactly where the concealer starts and the product ends (definitely not an attractive look!) I have been wearing this with a setting powder on top so I can't really vouch for the durability of the Revlon BB cream on its own, but the powder is the same one I've been using with my other face makeup nearly all year and I can definitely tell that this holds up better than the other ones. 

My favourite method of application is to use my fingers to apply the product first, and then with a brush (I've been using the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush,) I smooth everything out to give a flawless, natural finish. If you want better coverage, you can just apply it using a brush. 

In comparison to the Garnier BB Cream (which I've previously reviewed here,) the Revlon BB cream applies much smoother, is much more hydrating (which means it doesn't cling onto dry spots like the Garnier one does) and holds up better against my oily skin. Recently a lot of makeup brands available in Australia have been releasing BB and CC creams and I wanted to give them all a go, but I really think the Revlon one might just knock the Face of Australia tinted moisturiser off my list of holy grail face products! 

The Lowdown: A medium coverage BB cream with a dewy finish that holds up excellently against oily skin. The Revlon BB cream is very hydrating, blends well and as a bonus, contains SPF 30, which is super important considering how the weather's been heating up lately in Australia. This is guaranteed a repurchase from me! 

The Revlon Photoready BB Cream Skin Perfector SPF 30 is available from Priceline, Target and other selected retailers for an RRP of $24.95AUD. It's available in light, light/medium and medium. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author