Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette


This palette is like an old veteran on Youtube beauty channels - the sequel to the original favourite, UD Naked2 contains more taupe and bronze shades than the first and comes equipped with a double ended good karma brush and lip junkie lip gloss.

I've been wanting to get my hands on the Naked palettes for a long time now, but didn't know where to find it! Once I managed to locate a reputable site that shipped to Australia, I was still on the fence about spending $50 on an eyeshadow palette - I've never spent that much on any form of makeup, ever! But, being a former maths nerd, I worked out that getting 12 eyeshadows for that amount turned out to be a bit of a bargain after all ;)

I'm not even kidding when I say this has got to be the best investment I've ever made! The shadows are very 'Ngoc' colours - neutral, natural shades that I can easily team with pretty much any other eyeshadow that I own or would ever hope of owning. And when I use these shadows, I feel like they bring light and attention to my eyes without looking like I've got a tonne of makeup on.

My favourite shadow is 'Booty Call' - I use that all over my lid and then blend in a darker shade on my outer crease - it really makes my eyes look wider and gives me an overall more 'awake' look. The brush that comes with the palette is great as well - the only thing I'd mention is that the bristles of the flat end are quite stiff so I press it into my powder eyeshadows to load up on colour rather than using strokes otherwise I end up shredding my eyeshadows and getting a lot of fallout as a result.

The Lowdown: A versatile palette with a range of colours to create both natural and smokey eye looks, this is definitely something every girl needs to have in her makeup collection. Shadows are extremely pigmented and easily blended out with little fallout (even with the more shimmery shadows.) Worth every $$ I spent!

Where to buy (AUSTRALIAN GIRLIES, TAKE NOTE!) - while American lovelies can easily get it shipped to them from Sephora, Ulta, or the Urban Decay website itself for US $50, unfortunately these sites don't ship Down Under, which is how I discovered Beauty Bay. The Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette will cost you $52.60 AUD, but if you follow @beautybay on Twitter, you'll get an immediate 10% off voucher to use straightaway. Shipping is also free worldwide.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author