Almay One Coat Get Up & Grow Mascara


                             

I’ve been super excited about this mascara and wanted to post up a review of it ages ago because of how happy I am with the results - BUT I held off because one of the promises the packaging made to me was that the formula would help strengthen and lengthen my lashes so I wanted to wait to see if there were noticeable results.
But first thing’s first - if you’re after the ‘I have naturally long, fluttery lashes look’, then this mascara is your new best friend. It produces fantastic lash separation with almost zero clumping - I remember when I first saw the brush, I was very much in doubt that the uniformly large brush and bristles would help me catch my teeny inner corner lashes but - lo and behold - it did just that! 
Unfortunately, this mascara smudges like there’s no tomorrow and yet is as difficult to remove as a waterproof mascara (even though I’m pretty sure the one I have is non-waterproof.) It’ll start smudging onto my lower lash line (and for the record - I use mascara on my top lashes only) within hours of putting it on and one time when I had an afternoon nap without removing it first, I woke up looking like I belonged in the panda-bear enclosure at the zoo. 
In terms of my lash health, I haven’t really seen any noticeable changes, but I had pretty healthy lashes to begin with so I’m not too fussed that I haven’t suddenly developed false lash-esque eyelashes overnight. 
The Lowdown: Lovely long, natural-looking lashes? Check. Fantastic wear time? Not so much. Maybe the waterproof formula would do a better job of not smudging on every surface within a 3 mile radius. 
Almay One Coat Mascara is available from Priceline and since I got it in my Bellabox I have no idea how much it retails for, but from memory it’s around $19.95AUD. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author